Just a few applications and websites I’ve found useful.
FOR THE GENERAL WEB
- SESSION MANAGER—this application allows you to save websites, shut down your computer, and then open all your tabs again with the click of a button. Just a warning—when the old tabs reopen, it will shut down any others. Websites can be added and deleted from the list far easier than with bookmarks.
- TOOMANYTABS—For when you have a ton of tabs open, this app helps organize them.
- RECENTLY CLOSED TABS—click on the tab for a drop-down list of the fifteen most recently closed tabs.
- AWESOME SCREENSHOT—allows you to take a screenshot of the screen and edit it right in the application.
- MEASUREIT—you can measure the pixel size of anything on the web.
- STRICT POMODORO—a time management application that blocks you from certain websites and then allows a five minute break.
- CONVERT CASE—website that converts lowercase to uppercase letters and vice versa.
- CLEARLY—if text on a page is difficult to read, simply click the icon to show the page in Clearly, with colors, font size and line heights that you decide. Then click the arrow to return to the page.
- GOOGLE DICTIONARY—Just double click on a word for the definition.
- DOWNLOAD MASTER—If there are a bunch of files to download on one page, this app can help download them all at once, or pick and choose which ones you want.
- REALPLAYER—a media player that comes with a download extension for the web, useful for downloading videos straight from the page. Also does conversions for you, including video to mp3.
- SPEEDDIAL—sets you up with a start page that you can customize to have linked to your most frequently visited websites. easily customizable.
- TIMESTATS—More for fun than anything, this app lets you keep track of how much time you spend on the web and where you spend it.
- EXTENSIONS MANAGER—Can help manage all your nifty new extensions.
FOR TUMBLR USERS
- STYLISH—lets you set up themes for different websites, including your dashboard.
- MISSING E—just get it okay? Allows for one click reblogging, as well as tons of other useful features.
- TUMBLR SAVIOR—you poor soul if you’ve survived without this. Blacklist certain things so you never have to see them on your dash.
- TUMTASTER—download audio posts from tumblr.
- TUMBLR EDIT TAGS—edit your tags right from the dashboard.
- TUMBLR CUSTOM PHOTOSETS—allows you more options for arranging photosets.
- ASK MANGLER—lets you have paragraphs in asks.
I’m sure there are tons more, but I just felt like sharing the ones that I use the most on a day to day basis. Hope you find these useful!