4 million and counting
This should get to 10 million, come on people.
unfortunately Disney is run by people who condone homophobia :(
Mmk Bri I love you but i’m going to counter that statement saying that Disney, the company, does not condone homophobia. Just because some middle level manager fired you for standing up to a homophobe (which was def wrong on their part) does not mean that Disney is homophobic. Lets review shall we?
1) Gay Days. Gay Days are an event that take place every year at WDW which has over the years become more and more flamboyant. It’s basically a gay pride event. While Disney itself does not sponsor the event, it has done absolutely nothing to stop it and given no regard to the millions of complaints its gotten about it from people (even after being attacked about it on Fox News). The staff is told to treat Gay Day just like any other day. DESPITE THIS, Disney allows it’s gay team members to bring their partner in for free on these days.
2) Disney gives THE SAME insurance benefits to homosexual partners as it does to heterosexual partners, which is a HUGE deal especially since in BOTH California AND Florida gay marriage is not legal.
3) Tokyo Disneyland is allowing gay marriage on it’s premises even when gay marriage is not legal in Japan and has absolutely no legal value.
4) Michael Eisner has stated that 40% of their employees are homosexual and they have absolutely no problem with it!
5) Disney has a gay and lesbian employee organization which is the largest in the entertainment industry.
6) Eisner, Michael Ovitz and Joe Roth (Chariman of WDC, President of WDC and Chariman of WD Motion Pictures respectively) are all part of the Hollywood Supports Board of Trustees. Hollywood Supports is an organization that is pro-homosexual and aims to help companies adapt a more homosexual employee group and even gives seminars on Sexual Orientation in the workplace. Hollywood Supports is even endorsed by the Walt Disney Company.
This isn’t all of it but, these are just a few examples of how Disney is NOT homophobic.